Monday, October 28, 2013

I'm excited for...

The house is taking longer than we thought, but that's okay because I LOVE surprises. So much. It's to the point where something will get completed on the house and I will purposely wait days, literally days, until I go look at it.

For example, right after Mike left for a week in San Diego, some of the flooring was completed. Instead of rush over there, I waited 6 days for Mike to get home to go look. There is something about the unknown and the anticipation that builds as I wait that keeps me coming back for more.

Now that I am typing this, it makes me think about that show "My Strange Addiction". My name is Lindsey and I am addicted to surprises.

Now that we got that out of the way, here is what I am excited about.

I am excited about the tanning sessions, morning coffees, and get togethers that this deck will be hosting. It went from this...


...to this!


Garage moved, railing complete, fence up. Yay! As long as I can see the water, I'm happy.


I am excited for a kitchen table that has quick access out to my garden, just in case I need to add a few extra veggies to my meal. 



I am excited for the front porch to be finished and to have a living room that is full of sunlight from the new windows! And with a front porch comes the duty of passing out Halloween candy, not mad about that! I want to be the house that gives out the "good" candy. There has to be one in every neighborhood, mine as well aim high.




This is more something that tickled Mike's fancy, but it'll make my list anyways. I am excited about a skylight on the third floor! It brightens up the room and is the perfect place to watch the awesome storms that roll off the lake. And Mike can stand and keep a look out, he's pretty excited about the whole standing without hitting his head thing. #tallpeopleproblems


And a view to die for. When I'm not outside, you will find me up here, on the couch that will be right in front of this window. Enjoying a cup of coffee, a breeze dancing on my face from the open windows, the feint lapping of water, and peace in my soul.





I'm excited about my garden doubling in size! So much more room for vegetables!! Just what I needed to achieve my goals of being a farmer. You have to start somewhere!




Some more spots for my veggies of choice.


Now this one is my favorite. The one I am most excited about...barn wood floors! Oh man, this wood is the icing on the cake. The kind of icing that you keep in an extra container so when your piece of cake runs out of icing because you have to have more icing than cake with every bite, you have more waiting.

It's not just any wood, it is reclaimed wood from a granary in Ohio. It was on the walls, not the floor, so it is in great shape, and the only markings are from an occasional math problem that was too hard to do in their heads. It's a little dusty in the pictures, but they are still working so bear with me.




Just look at it! I could stare at this all day. If I could fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be it.




In addition to vegetables, we will have quite an array of fruits too! Lining what used to be the garage, are about 15 blueberry bushes. We thought getting fruits that are expensive to buy made sense, hence our choices. I cannot wait to reach my goal of eating 50% of my yearly food from my garden.



Why stop at blueberry bushes when there is room for more? Here are 2 dwarf cherry trees, and in the corner by the stones is a peach tree. I'm not sure how long it will be until these babies will bear fruit, but I won't mind waiting.




Last but not least, I'm excited to be sustainable! We have 2 rain barrels going in by the garden to help with my water usage. We get plenty of rain out here by the lake, so I'm thinking these are going to be a good investment.




That's all the updates for now, I cannot wait until it is done and it's time to decorate! And that is a horse of a different color. I'm not sure I'm the girl for decorating a house, but we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment