Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Energy Bars Galore!

Despite not living in New York City, I love my WellandGoodNYC newsletter that is delivered to my inbox every day. It has so many great articles on all of my favorite topics - health, wellness, nutrition, sweaty endeavors, and all things related. NYC has so many innovative things going on in the fitness world, it makes me want to try and step up Cleveland's game in any way possible.

A few weeks ago there was a post about power bars. Now if there is one thing I love, it is all the nutrients I could possibly want in a sit down meal, mashed into a bar that I can grab and run out the door with. And it needs to taste good too, but that's a given. Anyways, this particular post recommended the book Power Hungry; The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook, by Camilla V. Saulsbury. Of course I was immediately in love and needed nothing more than the picture on the post to encourage me to hop on Amazon and purchase the book.



And then it was the waiting game. Even with 2 day shipping I could hardly take it! I told Mike about my recent purchase and he was equally excited, after confirming that he could taste test everything without doing any of the work. I'm a bit of a control freak in the kitchen, so I put up no argument on that one.

Next came the idea for an energy bar challenge. It's more of a challenge for myself than anyone else, but I plan on seriously upping my healthy bar baking game all while providing a week full of pre-workout/post workout snacks.

I find that making commitments help me follow through with things, so here is my commitment:

I will be baking a different energy bar every week, pictures and all, and posting my reviews (and reviews from anyone who is lucky enough to get to taste them!). I may or may not also include my workouts that make me energy bar worthy - since I have a feeling I'm going to be looking for any and all reasons to eat one :).

This coming Monday will be my shopping day, the calm before the storm if you will. I have to build my pantry of staples before I can bake all these bars! I'm going to make a separate page dedicated to my  bar ingredients to make sure you know what they are and where to find them here in Cleveland. I'm so excited right now, you don't even know. Get ready for bars on bars on bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment