Wednesday, October 2, 2013

There's no place like home.

For those of you who don't know, I am anxiously awaiting moving into a new place. A house, to be exact. A beautiful heritage cream (because yellow sounds too plain) house in Ohio that has amazing views of Lake Erie.

 Sunrise in front of the cloud machine! Don't worry, it's only evaporated water coming out, perfectly clean and earth friendly.

I have had the vision on living on the water for a very long time. Not a little pond or anything, but a body of water that is big enough so that I can't see the end. I love the idea of space and land and greenery surrounding me, and definitely the sound of water.


Cities make me feel claustrophobic - the towering buildings, the endless maze of cement (it's a maze mainly because I am quite bad at directions), and the constant busy-ness. I feel like my mind is constantly running, and the last thing I need is to be in an environment that encourages my issues. Nature is my rehab, and seeing the water is my drug. Why can't there be prescriptions like that?
"Oh sorry, I'd love to participate in jury duty but it interferes with my meds...I have to be at the beach for the next 48 hours. Doctor's orders!"

Yep, life would be better with prescriptions like that! Fortunately, I won't be needing that prescription, I will get to come home to that every day. I am a firm believer that if want something bad enough - if you put it out into the world that you have a vision, you talk about it and stay strong with what will make you happy, then it will happen. It may not be immediately or in the way you thought it might happen, but it will happen.



The storms rolling in are captivating. We have a loft above the garage that is perfect for storm watching; a wall of windows, couches, blankets, and one outlet for a lamp (or air popcorn popper in my case). Makes for the perfect Friday night activity.


I never imagined the body of water would be Lake Erie. I didn't know how beautiful Lake Erie was and in fact, I spent half of my life wishing I was in any state other than Ohio. But here I am, moving in with the man of my dreams, getting to help design the home of my dreams. It's funny how things work out when you believe they can happen.

The view from the porch, with a little magnifying help from my camera lens :).

Anyways, I am learning so many things about the process of building a house/renovating a house that I figured I would share our moments in hopes that others could benefit!



No comments:

Post a Comment