Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meet Darwin!

I suppose we can't really be friends without you knowing my favorite things in life, so it's time for you to meet Darwin.

Whoops, he was excited...too close.
There we go, isn't he awesome?! A pinch of Akita, a dollop of German Shepard, stir in some Canaan, and here is what happened! He's perfect. 

My boyfriend (Mike, perhaps you'll meet him later) and I rescued him from a local dog shelter and he has been king of the castle ever since. His favorite hobbies include: seat stealing (he has this thing for still-warm-with-body heat spots on the couch, which makes getting up for anything a bit of a game), checking every window to see if he can spot a moving object to intently watch, digging his way out of the fenced in back yard to hunt, and of course, long walks on the beach!

I am getting ready to move close to Fairport Harbor beach, the beach is thatta way.

Darwin was a stray for a long time and was in the shelter for around 8 months before we found him, but he has always been amazing with people. He will follow us around and make sure we are never alone in a room - so thoughtful. One of Darwin's best qualities is that he is the quietest of hunters. With the agility of a mountain goat and the stealth of a panther, he would spend all day hunting if we'd let him. I guess that's what being a stray teaches you! And yes, his name fits him perfectly, although it was only by coincidence. We didn't know he was the epitome of survival of the fittest until we saw his hunting techniques, how he rationed his food, and his expert hiding skills when there are thunderstorms.

Who me? King? Yep.


All I've ever wanted is someone to watch every sunset with me, and now I've found that someone! I think Mike would do that for me too, but Darwin's enthusiasm for going outside is unmatchable. Not too bad of a view either. 

Wondering what ocean this is? Surprise, it's Lake Erie! Mistake by the lake? I think not!

Darwin's worst quality is most definitely his deep hatred for cats. The kind where if he sees one outside, he will run to every window, stand straight up, and start whining and barking until he can no longer see it. When a cat is around, it's as though we aren't even there. He completely ignores our commands and if we shut the blinds he merely moves to the next window. Any suggestions?

See? What a window hog! I wouldn't want to take a plane ride with him, I'm the kind of person that has my face pressed to the window the whole time. Uh oh...it just dawned on me that I may be a window hog...

Anyways, now you've met Darwin. This is the first dog of my own (well I share him with Mike, but you know what I mean), so excuse me if I constantly include him. I feel like a mom with her first child, I just want everyone to know how amazing he is!

Goodnight Lake Erie, I will never stop loving you! Well, as long as you keep letting me pretend that you are an ocean...it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment