Monday, January 13, 2014

Reclaimed Wood

I have come to realize that reclaimed wood has a special place in my heart. Some people find peace going for a walk with their dog and listening to nature. Others go grocery shopping and fill a cart of all the things they find most delicious, and then leave it behind because they don't really want to buy them. And then there is the relaxing type, who want a glass of wine and a hot bath (or sauna) and a magazine full of things they have a love-hate relationship with.

Ok confession, those are all things I love doing. Yikes, thanks for visiting crazy town with me.

But where I feel MOST at peace, is definitely while in the same room as reclaimed wood. Preferably it wouldn't be reclaimed yet, it would still be in the same barn it came from. Because that would mean I achieved one of my life long goals of living on a farm with a barn full of horses - standing in said barn built long ago, full of wood that is just to beautiful to give up.

But since I'm not there yet, I'm allowing my vision to be flexible, and doing what works for me right now. And that is reclaimed wood in my house. The house is slowly but surely coming along, and the other night we got to see the beams that went up. Wanna see?! Ok yes.

 So much detail! So many crevices for my eyes to get lost in! I can only imagine the stories this wood could tell. 


In addition to those beams - Mike and I went to a furniture show and found my new favorite furniture designer, Play-Haus Design. He uses all metal and wood from barns and factories in Ohio. If you live in the Cleveland area, you are a lucky dog.

Here's the sexy little number I went home with that night...and no I'm not talking about Mike.




It's going to look SO perfect in our house! Can you sense the theme yet? Next up is to get the painting finished and then the kitchen is going in...I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. But really, I can't, so hurry up house. Please :).

No comments:

Post a Comment