Thursday, September 12, 2013

believe in CLE


Something beautiful happened in Cleveland, Ohio on August 30th in 2013. The people of Cleveland came together as one and celebrated yoga at the one and only, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. People of all shapes and sizes, from the east side and the west side (amazing right?!), all decided to spend their Friday night breathing as one.




I am lucky enough to have an awesome job - I work for lululemon athletica. A fabulous company with a mission that is close to my heart. I couldn't imagine working for another company simply because of it's focus on the care of people - both in and out of the company. Plus I'm surrounded by inspiring people who I get to call my friends! #lucky. Some people rate their days on a scale from 1 to 5, I like to rate my days on a scale from made-their-day to changed-their-life.


On this particular Friday night, I'd like to think it was a changed-their-life kind of night. Inner Bliss Yoga Studios and lululemon athletica Eton-Chagrin came together to host a killer event at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame called believe in CLE. About 1,400 yogis practiced together...sweating, holding hands, laughing, and dancing their way through a 90 minute class. I feel so lucky to have gotten to see it from ideation to completion, and have never loved my city (and my company) more!


Over 1,400 people showed up to participate in a 90 minute class led by Tammy Lyons from Inner Bliss Yoga Studios. They have a beautiful studio in Rocky River, Ohio and a wonderful team of teachers. And on their website, some of them are called bliss makers...I want to work there just for that title. Talk about resume material.


And, Chill Pop Shop showed up to cool off our guests while they waited for the practice to begin. They make the most delicious handmade popsicles. Blueberry basil was my favorite. Refreshing with just the right amount of sweet and tart. Then again, if you know me, anything with basil usually wins :). 

 Look at all of the other delicious flavors! I would have taken a picture of mine but I was so busy eating it that I forgot to snap a pic...whoops. They are a must if you are ever sweating your way through Cleveland.



 That's just one side of the lot...so many Clevelanders!




A team of assisters walked around during the practice, all from studios local to Cleveland. It's amazing when businesses can drop the competition aspect for a moment and come together as one for a higher purpose. Such a powerful message! It was a magical night, clearly I'm not over it yet.




We held hands...

 And we danced...

And we savasana-ed.

Never before have I had a job that enabled me to learn, thrive, develop, and connect with people more than this job. Every day I work at acting as the owner of a business, all while having the opportunity to hold great conversations that could maybe change their life - or at least make their day. That is my purpose in life, I am thriving every day... nothing feels better than that!

Oh,and in case you were still unsure, Cleveland is awesome :).

1 comment: